Chanakya was a professor at the primal university of Takshashila. He lived in about 320 BC and enhanced broadly recognized as a philosopher, economist and royal adviser in the primal Indian culture.
He is called as a King maker because he was responsible to bring down the Nanda dynasty and establish his able student Chandra Gupta Maurya on the throne as the emperor. Hence, he is called a “KING MAKER”.
SEE ALSO : A GREAT LIFE CANNOT BE BUILT ON EXCUSES
Chanakya quotes motivated many people across the planet for centuries and they can also motivate you now! Consequently, love these words of knowledge from this prodigious philosopher and diplomat.
Thoughts / Quotes by Chanakya
- All the creatures are pleased by loving words; and therefore, we should address words that are pleasing to all, for there is no lack of sweet words.
- The wise man should detain his senses like the crane and accomplish his purpose with due knowledge of his place, time and ability.
- We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.
SEE ALSO : Two Important Levels To Optimize Your Life
- He who is prepared for the future and he who deals cleverly with any situation that may arise are both happy, but the fatalistic man who wholly depends on luck is ruined.
- Accumulated wealth is saved by spending just as incoming fresh water is saved by letting out stagnant water.
- Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
- The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of woman.
- As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
- Learn from the mistakes of others… you can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves!
- Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.
- There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth.
- Before you begin some work, eternally query yourself 3 questions. What am I doing it, what the consequence may be and will I be prosperous. Only when you think intensely and find acceptable solutions to these queries, go head.
- The aroma of flowers extents only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a human extents in all direction.
- A man great by deeds not by birth.
- Treat your child like a sweetheart for the first 5 years. For the following five years, scold them. By the time they turn 16, consider them alike a friend. Your grownup kids are best friends.
- Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.
- Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendship will never give you any happiness.
- Education is the best friend. An educated individual is valued everywhere. Education knocks the beauty and the youth.
- A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
SEE ALSO : Three Steps For A Better Mind
- The biggest guru mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
- Don’t be disappointed when nobody stands with you. Chanakya said: “I am thankful to those who left me, because they taught me I CAN DO IT ALONE.
- The mere trickle of the tiny drops of water can fill the pitcher. The same way we must keep on collecting knowledge, dharma and money.
- A moment of patience in a moment of anger can help us avoid a thousand moments of sorrow.
- You born without anything but you die with your name. so that name must not be a word…it must be a history.
- He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away; but he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby.