Afore looking into the reasons for
There once lived a beautiful lark in a forest and
This story tells us that when we procrastinate doing the right things, it only makes life difficult. Procrastination robbed the beautiful lark of its life.
“Procrastination makes easy things hard, and hard things harder.”
The actual reasons for procrastinate
Let’s look at some of the factors that cause procrastination.
- Low self-esteem and confidence: Such people lack the motivation to attempt any job. They shy away from trying out anything new, different or demanding.
- Fear of failure: Some people have an enormous fear of failure, such that they will just not take the initiative to do anything new.
- Lack of planning: when a person is not organized, has no specific time frame to complete his
tasks,and does not prioritize them, there is every possibility of delay in completion of his work. Lack of planning often leads to inaction.
- Stress: A tried and stressed-out person lacks the drive and motivation to take on a job.
- Perfectionism: there are some, who by nature are perfectionists; they will attend to a job only after everything is in place. They delay any action till the last bit of information is available to them, and are always waiting for the ideal conditions to do the job. Such people often become the victims of what is called, the “paralysis of analysis”.
- The tendency to please all: Some people cannot say ‘no’ to anyone. They are ever ready to please all and sundry. By trying to meet everybody’s demands, they “overspread” themselves and lose focus of their job.
- Start-up problems: there are others who, for reasons of fear, lack of planning or confidence, insufficient knowledge or sheer lethargy, will just not take the first step to begin any job. Delay with such people os perpetual.