Fruit comes from the transformation of the ovary of a flower after fertilization. The ovary protects and nourishes the seeds until they are ripe and then helps with their dispersal. Different fruits do this different ways. There are many kinds of fruit. Not only are peaches, cherries, and bananas fruit, but also pumpkins, grains of wheat and peapods.
How fruits are categorized
The first difference we can make with fruit is whether or not it opens to release its seeds when it is ripe. If it does, it is called ‘dry dehiscent”, if it does not, it is called “in dehiscent”.
We can also divide fruit by whether it is fleshy and juicy or hard and dry. Another way is to look at how the fruit grows. If it comes in bunches made up of smaller fruit, it is called “collective”.
There are also true and false fruits, according to changes in the ovary or other parts of the flower, such as the receptacle tissue. This is the case with apples and pears. Apple is considered to be a false fruit. It is because it is receptacle, and not the ovary of the apple that has grown and become fleshy, forming a pulp. The true fruit or ovary is actually what we call the core of the apple.
Fruits and Their benefits
- Bananas have a natural antacid result in the body, so if you agonize from heartburn, better eat a banana for soothing relief.
- Oranges hold antioxidants that help to fight the free extremists that harm and age our skin
- An apple is a very energizing tonic for oily skin. It makes a superb remedy for fine wrinkles, cracked skin, inflammation and itching. Read more on Apple – nature medicine
- Bilberries help to improve nighttime vision, it is used for inflammation of the mouth and throat, diarrhea and it also helps to prevent damage cells. Antioxidants in bilberry help to prevent illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and an eye disorder.
- A dry fruits contains more calories than fruits. Subsequently drying process takes out water and volume.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables could significantly reduce the risk of many chronic diseases, high B.P, obesity, heart disease and some cancers.
- An orange’s vitamin C content helps fight back assaults from viruses and germs, cold and fatigue.
- Ripen apricots are very good source for the young children as well as the older people. Apricots also have cobalt that is essential for the treatment of anemic conditions. This fruit is quite purge, and have great rate of alkalinity.
- Blue berries is said to be worthy for diabetic conditions, this fruit have high silicon, which helps to revitalize the pancreas. The juice of blue berry was used as a cough medicine, and the leaves and roots were minced into powder to extravagance a number of ailments.