- Remember peoples’ names.
- Look them in the eye when talking with them.
- Be a good listener.
- Make time for subordinates, because they are your future and you have walked more than a few miles in their shoes.
- It’s best to be even-tempered at work.
- Be a hard worker but still make time for fun.
- A healthy balance between work and family is the name of the game.
- Don’t partake in gossip.
- Take an interest in peoples’ away-from-work lives.
- Be detail-oriented without micromanaging.
- Make people feel important and you will be remembered and respected.