What are Positive Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that define a desired state or goal, and are frequently repeated, in order to acquire them impressed on the subconscious mind . Repeating them inspires, motivates, and programs the mind to act according to the repeated words.
The above mentioned process prompts the subconscious mind to endeavor and to work on the person’s behalf to make the positive statement come true.
There are hundreds of positive affirmations for all purpose like succeed in business, attract money, increase self-confidence, get rid of negative habit and thoughts, help you find love, for studies and more.
Repeating positive affirmations everyday helps your mind to focus on your aim. It also creates consistent mental images in the conscious mind, which affect the subconscious mind accordingly.
The conscious mind – the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge.
By using this process deliberately and attentively, you power your subconscious mind, and in turn, it changes your attitude, behavior, habits, and reactions, and in fact reshapes your external life.
How to do positive affirmation?
- First select positive affirmation (according to your goal) that is not too long.
- Recap those statements often, when you are not busy within your work that needs attention. It can be while walking, waiting in line, while travelling in train, bus, or flight. You can also repeat them by allotting five minutes every day for positive affirmation. If possible several times a day.
- Try to be relaxed while repeating the sentence that you have chosen.
- Give full attention to the sentences that you are repeating.
- Have faith in your sentences that you are repeating, and sense that your wish has become true, or is in the progression of becoming true. This will bring quicker results.
- If possible, select the positive statements that should not have negative connotations.
- For an instance, if you want to lose weight, don’t select words like “ I am losing weight” or “I am not fat”. These negative statements will pass into the mind of what you do not want. So, instead say that “ I am getting slim” or “I have my perfect weight”.
- While selecting the positive affirmation, always select present tense not future tense. Saying, “I will be rich”, means that you plan to be rich one day, in the indeterminate future, but not now. So, it is further effective to say, and similarly to feel, “I am rich now”, and the subconscious mind will effort at intensely to make this happen now, in the present.
By affirming what you want to be in your life, you mentally and emotionally see and sense it as real, regardless of your present circumstances, and in that way you attract it into your life.