Abdul Kalam wrote many books, counting an autobiography –Wings of Fire(1999). Among his many awards, the Padma Vibhushan (1990) and the Bharat Ratna (1997) were the country’s highest honours,.
- If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody
If you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.
- We will be remembered only if we give to our younger generation a prosperous and safe India, resulting out of economic prosperity coupled with civilizational heritage.
- We have not invaded anyone. We have not conquered anyone. We have not grabbed their land, their culture, their history and tried to enforce our way of life on them.
- Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.
- My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.
- India has to be transformed into a developed nation, a prosperous nation and a healthy nation, with a value system.
SEE ALSO: APJ Abdul Kalam the perfect president
- India should walk on her own shadow – we must have our own development model.
- India can live without nuclear weapons. That’s our dream, and it should be the dream of the U.S. also.
- We must think and act like a nation of a billion people and not like that of a million people. Dream, dream, dream!
- Why are we, as a nation so obsessed with foreign things? Is it a legacy of our colonial years? We want foreign television sets. We want foreign shirts. We want foreign technology. Why this obsession with everything imported?
- It means, people who are in high and responsible positions, if they go against righteousness, righteousness itself will get transformed into a destroyer.
- Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
- Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.
- We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
SEE ALSO: 33 Golden Words By A P J Abdul Kalam
- English is necessary as at present original works of science are in English. I believe that in two decades times original works of science will start coming out in our languages. Then we can move over like the Japanese.
- When a nation is surrounded by weaponized nations, she has to equip herself. – Abdul Kalam
- Developing nations want to become developed nations.
- Science is global. Einstein’s equation, E=mc2, has to reach everywhere. Science is a beautiful gift to humanity, we should not distort it. Science does not differentiate between multiple races.
- My view is that at a younger age your optimism is more and you have more imagination etc. You have less bias.
- No religion has mandated killing others as a requirement for its sustenance or promotion.
- Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.
- To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal. – Abdul Kalam
- Do we not realize that self respect comes with self reliance?
- Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
- Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognize our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?