‘A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
There was a farmer lived in Africa . He was very glad and satisfied in his life . He was glad because he was satisfied with what he has. He was satisfied because he was glad.
One day a wise man came to farmer and told about the magnificence of diamonds and the power that goes along with them. The wise man said, “If you had a diamond the size of your thumb, you could have your own city. If you had a diamond the size of your handful, you could possibly own your own country.” And then he just left. That day night the farmer felt very restless.
He was doomed and he was dissatisfied in his life. The next day morning he concluded and made planning to sell off his farm, he took care of his family and went in search of diamonds . He seen all over Africa and couldn’t find any diamonds. He saw all through Europe and couldn’t find any. When he went to Spain, he was physically, financially and emotionally, broke. He got so discouraged that he flung himself into the River and committed suicide.
The person who had bought farm was standing at the stream that runs through the farm. He was busy in watering the camels. Across the stream, the morning sun rays hit a stone. That stone sparkled like a rainbow. He thought it would look good on the mantle piece. He picked up the sparking stone and placed it in the living room.
The same day afternoon the wise man came and noticed the stone sparkling in the living room. He asked, “Is raheem back?” The new owner replied, “No, why do you ask?” The wise man said, “Because that is a diamond. I recognize one when I see one.” The man said, no it is not a diamond it’s just a stone I picked up from the stream. Come, I’ll show you. There are lots of stones.” They went and picked some samples and sent them for diamond examination .
It was confirmed that the stones were diamonds. They found that the farm was indeed covered with acres and acres of diamonds.
What is the moral of this story?
Opportunity under our feet
1. If our attitude is right, we can realize that we are walking on acres and acres of diamonds. Opportunity is always under our feet. We don’t have to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.
2. The grass on the other side always looks greener.
3. Whereas we are dying for the grass on the other side, there are others who are dyeing the grass on our side. They would be happy to trade places with us.
4. When people don’t know how to recognize opportunity, they complain of noise when it knocks.
5. The same opportunity never knocks twice. The next one may be better or worse, but it is never the
- Luck and Success
- Do you believe luck is the only reason for success
- Self-Confidence Is the Important Key to Success
- Identify and Develop Your Potential Talent